A history of complex trauma is one of the most common underlying issues shared by clients seeking treatment for substance alcohol abuse, drug addiction, and mental health issues.
To accomplish those goals and to help you deal with your traumatic experiences, The Pointe Malibu trauma treatment center utilizes both:
- Trauma-Informed Care – the awareness of and inclusion of trauma in every aspect of treatment
- Trauma Specific Treatment – inclusion of treatment elements in your customized treatment plan to specifically address your history of
To further enhance your trauma treatment plan, we offer:
- Gender-Specific Treatment Teams – Your treatment team might be comprised exclusively of women, or men, depending on your trauma history. This can be especially valuable for female clients who may have lost or never developed the ability to trust members of the opposite sex or, in some cases, members of the same sex.
- Seeking Safety Protocols Group is an evidence-based treatment for substance abuse and its underlying related traumas. The primary focus is ensuring your safety.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy – The
particular focus on skill-building and distress tolerance
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a psychotherapy treatment that was originally designed to alleviate the distress associated with traumatic memories. The Pointe Malibu has three therapists who are certified in the application of EMDR.
- Private bedrooms and bathrooms can also help to reduce the stress and fear that trauma survivors such as you may experience in a new environment.
Trauma Treatment Team
Our Clinical Director oversees the development of your treatment plan and ongoing care, supported by an expertly skilled, comprehensive Trauma Team. Every component of care is accounted for so that you can focus completely on your recovery. Your team includes:
- Trauma Therapist
- Case Manager
- Family Therapist
- Primary Therapist
- EMDR Therapist
Ample evidence has shown that childhood trauma compromises neural structure and function, rendering an individual susceptible to later cognitive deficits and psychiatric illnesses, including major depression, bipolar disorder, Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), and substance abuse. Particularly, the link between trauma exposure and substance abuse has been well-established.
National Institutes of Health
Individualized Trauma Treatment Plans
At The Pointe Malibu Recovery Center, we recognize your individuality and the fact that your experiences, including your pattern of substance abuse, your process addictions, mental health challenges, and treatment history are unique to you. So we factor all of the underlying issues of your condition into our diagnoses to produce successful treatment results. This requires an individually tailored treatment plan that maximizes your ability to achieve your recovery goals.
Our polyvagal inspired approach to care is the foundation for our treatment. Trauma-informed treatment practices are weaved throughout our program and create meaningful change. We engage in a collaborative and person centered form of treatment that includes connection, openness, and willingness to practice from you. This can generate excellent results, especially as your treatment becomes more advanced.
Though group therapy sessions play a vital role within our concierge and connection oriented program, we believe that individual therapy can be invaluable, given the underlying trauma you may have experienced prior to treatment. These individual sessions are conducted in private, intimate settings that typically make it easier for you to share your thoughts and/or fears with your therapist. As a client you will see your individual therapists (primary, family, or specialty therapists) and their case managers multiple times throughout each week. We maintain licensed therapists at our facility daily, to address any issues that could arise with you. Our scheduling allows you to work out at a health club throughout the week, enjoy outdoor therapy sessions on the beach, explore community outings, and tend to your personal self care and grooming needs.
Trauma Treatment Services Available
Our evidence-based trauma treatment center in Malibu CA modalities include:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Family Therapy
- Neurofeedback Therapy
- Experiential Components
- Surf / Water Therapies
- Art & Music Therapy
- Nutritional Counseling
- Medical Evaluation & Assessment
- Medical Intervention & Continuing Care
- Pain Recovery Management
- Medical Detox
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Nutritional Assessment
- Mental Health Diagnostic Assessments
- Alternative Holistic Treatment
- Treatment of Co-Occurring/Compulsive Disorders
- Trauma-Focused Treatment
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Experiential & Holistic Therapies
- Case Management
- Discharge / Continuing Care Planning & Services
- Early Recovery Transition and Lifestyle Planning & Services
You deserve to have a happy, fulfilling life, free from the traumatic stress that has played a role in your self-limiting actions. Whatever those traumas may be, and the serious repercussions they might cause, The Pointe Malibu can help you find peace and purpose going forward. We are dedicated to working individually and privately with you, to help open your eyes to the exciting possibilities ahead.