Rates of Anxiety and Depression Skyrocket Since 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic of 2020 caused a major upheaval in the lives of millions of people. Whether you were infected with the virus, know someone who was, suffered a loss, experienced financial hardship, or otherwise were affected, there are many reasons to feel anxiety and depression in relation to 2020. It’s no surprise that rates of anxiety and depression have skyrocketed since then. Keep reading to learn more about the rates of anxiety and depression, what happens when they are left untreated, and how you can find help through luxury inpatient mental health treatment centers.
New Statistics Surrounding Anxiety and Depression
Statistics surrounding anxiety and depression due to the events of 2020, according to the CDC, include::
- 40.9% reported at least one adverse mental or behavioral health condition
- 30.9% experienced symptoms of anxiety disorder or depressive disorder
- 26.3% reported symptoms of trauma- and stressor-related disorder (TSRD) related to the pandemic
- 13.3% started or increased substance use to cope with stress or emotions related to COVID-19
In addition, KFF reports the following statistics surrounding anxiety and depression:
- In July, a majority of U.S. adults 18 and older (53%) said that worry and stress related to coronavirus has had a negative impact on their mental health, up from 39% in May, according to a recent KFF tracking poll.
- Similarly, among older adults (ages 65 and older), close to half (46%) in July said that worry and stress related to coronavirus have had a negative impact on their mental health, up from 31% in May.
- Previous KFF research has found the share of adults reporting anxiety or depression has increased since the start of the coronavirus pandemic, with four in ten adults age 18 and older (40%) reporting symptoms of anxiety or depression in July.
- Younger adults were significantly more likely than older adults to report anxiety or depression.
When Anxiety and Depression Are Left Untreated
It is completely normal to feel symptoms of anxiety or depression during uncertain times. There is no better example than the year 2020 and all that it brought to the world. However, ongoing anxiety and depression are serious issues that require treatment at the best mental health rehab centers. When anxiety and depression are left untreated, the following dangers can occur:
- Substance abuse. As a way to self-medicate and self-soothe symptoms of depression, substance use can spiral out of control and lead to a dangerous addiction that can turn deadly.
- Worsening health conditions. Anxiety and depression can worsen health conditions such as chronic pain, sleep issues, and conditions related to the cardiovascular system.
- Negative impacts. Anxiety and depression can lead to many negative effects on one’s life. Everything from relationships, careers, quality of life, and more can be impacted.
- Suicide. Sometimes, untreated anxiety and depression symptoms become too much to bear. Suicide is prevalent among those who suffer from anxiety and depression.
Finding Help With Luxury Mental Health Treatment Centers
Although rates of anxiety and depression have skyrocketed since 2020 and more people are experiencing mental health conditions than ever, luxury mental health treatment centers can help. You do not have to live in the mental health prison that 2020 put you in: You can live life to its fullest again.
At a luxury mental health treatment center, you will learn the tools needed to overcome your obstacles and work through them. To comfort you during your healing, we offer discreet, luxurious accommodations. For your added convenience, private quarters are available. Our exquisite residential properties are located in Malibu’s most prestigious beachfront community, with views of the Pacific Ocean, a beautiful place to find peace and begin your recovery. You can also look forward to gourmet cuisine prepared daily by our on-staff chefs during your stay.
Treatment at The Pointe Malibu Recovery Center
At The Pointe Malibu Recovery Center, your mental health treatment team consists of, but is not limited to, the following accredited health professionals:
- Primary Therapist
- Trauma Therapist
- EMDR Therapist
- Family Therapist
- Case Manager
We believe mental health is intricately woven into your overall well-being, encapsulating mind, body, and spirit. Our mental health services, augmented by our Integrated Care Alliance of unbreakable support, help raise your positivity and change your life.
Medical Services The Pointe Malibu offer include:
- Medical Evaluation & Assessment
- Medical Intervention & Continuing Care
- Pain Recovery Management
- Medical Detox
- Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Nutritional Assessment
- Mental Health Diagnostic Assessments
- Alternative Holistic Treatment
Clinical Services include:
- Treatment of Co-Occurring/Compulsive Disorders
- Trauma-Focused Treatment
- Individual Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Experiential & Holistic Therapies
- Case Management
- Discharge / Continuing Care Planning & Services
- Early Recovery Transition and Lifestyle Planning & Services
Our commitment to privacy is unwavering. In the spirit of compassion, professional ethics, and accordance with HIPAA privacy protections, your recovery time here is known only to those that you wish to include in your inner circle. We are here to help you overcome anxiety and depression in the best way that works for you with individualized treatment.
If you’re ready to start your journey to long-lasting recovery from anxiety and depression and put 2020 in your rearview mirror for good, we are here for you.